With both the excitement and stress of considering engagement or planning a wedding, it’s easy for you and your significant other to overlook all that is needed to lay the foundation for a healthy marriage. Whether you’re seriously dating, considering engagement, or currently engaged, Marriage Prep is a great weekend for you to learn essential skills to navigate marriage expectations, communication, conflict management, and more.
- A weekend away to focus on your relationship and reflect on what marriage preparation is all about
- The chance to connect with other couples in a similar season of life
- Clarity around the next steps in your relationship
- Strategies for communicating effectively, managing conflict well, and creating healthy boundaries
- Tips to have productive discussions regarding finances, family members, and intimacy in your relationship
- Marriage Prep is designed for couples who are seriously dating, considering engagement, engaged, or recently married within the last six months. Couples married longer than six months are encouraged to attend The First Five or Intimacy 101.
- Couples who are not yet married will be given separate lodging rooms.
- Each couple in attendance will receive a notarized premarital educational certificate. Bonus—some states give couples a discount on their marriage license when they present this certificate.
- In 2022, this retreat was named Prepare To Last.
$340 per person (unmarried) or $620 per couple (married) (all applicable taxes included)
Includes lodging for two nights, meals, and programming