The first few years of marriage can be incredibly fun—experiencing so many “firsts” together—but also frustrating—experiencing firsts you weren’t “prepared” for. Every newly married couple faces the challenge of learning to do life together, but success lies in having the right tools. If you and your spouse are in the early years of marriage (up to seven years), Newlywed Weekend is the perfect experience for you! During this weekend, you’ll gain skills to begin building a strong foundation for your future and equip you to navigate this forever journey with your better half.
This brand-new experience is unlike previous WinShape Marriage Retreats. A variety of marriage content will be presented in a relatable way to you being in the early years of marriage over multiple sessions—healthy communication and conflict management, intimacy, family expectations, and more—and you and your spouse will be able to choose which sessions to attend based on what will be *most* helpful to your marriage.
- Skills to take your communication deeper
- Space to identify unspoken expectations and keep them from creating a chasm in your marriage
- Strategies for addressing conflict appropriately and problem-solving together
- Keys to understanding the different types of intimacy and how they work together to create a more fulfilling marriage
- Hands-on learning opportunities to help you grow in your relationship
- This weekend is designed for couples married seven years or less. Couples married less than one year may also attend Marriage Prep.
- In 2023, we offered three Foundation Building Marriage Retreats—The First Five, Intimacy 101, and Preparing for Baby. This year, we’ve combined the content from these retreats into one conference-style weekend, where you’ll be able to select specific sessions you’d like to attend based on the content presented. If you attended any of the three Foundation Building retreats in the past, you can still attend (and it’s encouraged) Newlywed Weekend. If you were not able to attend one of the three Foundation Building Marriage Retreats, this weekend would be a good fit for you as similar content will be offered.
$620 per couple (all applicable taxes included)
Includes lodging for two nights, meals, and programming