About the Retreat
Prepare to Last is designed to help engaged couples and those considering engagement build a strong foundation for a successful Christian marriage.
With all the excitement and stress of wedding planning, couples often don’t take time to fully consider what is needed to build a lasting marriage once their wedding is over. At Prepare To Last, couples, who are seriously dating, considering engagement, or engaged, will be given physical space and time to remove themselves from wedding planning as well as fundamental teaching on marriage expectations, communication, conflict management, and more. By attending this weekend retreat, they will be set on a path towards success as newlyweds and beyond.
What to Expect from Prepare to Last:
- A chance to get out of the stress of wedding planning and remind yourself what it’s really all about
- Engaging, entertaining teaching from Jeff & Debby McElroy on Marriage Expectations, Communication, Conflict Management/Resolution, Financial Management, Sex & Intimacy, and Goals & Dreams
- Free access to a highly-respected assessment from Prepare-Enrich to give you a clear picture of your relational strengths and areas to grow together
- A Couple’s Discussion Journal to guide meaningful conversation during and after the weekend
- A romantic date night and incredible memories you’ll refer to for the rest of your marriage
- The chance to form life-long friendships with other couples from all over the country who are also beginning their marriage journey
- Couples who are not yet married will be given separate lodging rooms.
- Prepare to Last is designed for couples who are considering engagement, engaged, or recently married within the last 6 months. Couples married longer than 6 months are encouraged to attend The First Five or The Naked Truth (for Newlyweds).