About the Retreat
Prepare to Last is designed to help engaged couples and those considering engagement build a strong foundation for a successful Christian marriage.
What to Expect from Prepare to Last:
- A chance to get out of the stress of wedding planning and remind yourself what it’s really all about
- Engaging, entertaining teaching from national speakers Jeff & Debby McElroy on Marriage Expectations, Communication, Conflict Resolution, Financial Management, Sex & Intimacy, and Goals & Dreams
- Free access to a highly-respected assessment from Prepare-Enrich to give you a clear picture of your relational strengths and areas to grow together
- A Couple’s Discussion Journal to guide meaningful conversation during and after the weekend
- A romantic date night and incredible memories you’ll refer to for the rest of your marriage
- The chance to form life-long friendships with other couples from all over the country who are beginning their marriage journey around the same time you are
$340 per person
Includes lodging for two nights, meals, and programming
Retreat Speaker: Jeff & Debby McElroy
In 1989, Jeff & Debby McElroy became so burdened by the breakdown of families and its impact on children and youth, they left their careers in corporate law and teaching and dedicated themselves to marriage and family ministry. As founders of Forever Families, Inc., they have become one of the most sought-after couples on the national speaking circuit as featured speakers for churches like Willow Creek Community Church, and national programs like LifeWay’s Festivals of Marriage.
In addition to being co-developers of the Prepare to Last Pre-Marital Study Materials and leaders of the Prepare to Last Retreats for WinShape, Jeff & Debby lead marriage, parenting, family and relationship conferences for church, corporate and college audiences around the country. Their FamilyReach consulting ministry also helps build stronger churches by building stronger families, and their Marriage Under Fire ministry to military & 1st responder couples helps protect those families who protect ours.
As award-winning actors, Jeff & Debby are known for their comedy and creativity that commands their audience’s attention, and their transparent, honest style that inspires their audience’s trust.
Jeff & Debby live in Knoxville, TN, and have been married since 1984. Ask them what they’re most proud of, though, and they’ll tell you about their kids. Their daughter and son-in-law, Kristen & Matt, are foster parents for a group home in VA and their son, Trevan, works for Chick-fil-A and married Lydia in October 2019. They all feel called to carry their parents’ ministry to families to the next generation.