When adding a baby to your family, you and your spouse are experiencing one of the most life-changing seasons you’ll walk through. Most couples create registries and take birthing or parenting classes but forget about the impact a baby will have on their marriage. We want to change that! If you’re first-time expectant parents or have recently welcomed a baby, consider attending Preparing for Baby, a retreat that provides valuable lessons to help you thrive in your marriage even as new parents.
- Strategies for developing a strong support system
- Guidelines for establishing healthy boundaries (work, family, friends, etc.) after baby arrives
- Keys to working together as a new team
- Biblical insights into how to step into your new roles—motherhood and fatherhood
- Encouragement from couples who are a bit ahead of you on the parenting journey
- Preparing for Baby is designed for couples who are first-time expectant parents or have a 1-year-old or less. If needed, we offer accommodations for new mothers such as a refrigerator in their room to store breast milk.
- While we love kids, our Marriage Retreats are a place for parents to get away and focus on their relationship. Therefore, no infants or children under the age of 18 are permitted at these events.
- Couples adopting a newborn baby are welcome to attend Preparing for Baby. We also offer Woven, a retreat for couples who are fostering or have adopted children.
$620 per couple (all applicable taxes included)
Includes lodging for two nights, meals, and programming