Those who work in ministry give their lives in service to others, so they may hear and experience the good news of Jesus Christ. However, we recognize this can come at a cost to your own self-care, relationships, and even marriage. We know that you often feel burnt out, yet we trust that Jesus came so that you may have life and life abundantly. Therefore, we’ve created R&Rs, a retreat that provides an extended time period as well as a physically calming environment for you and your spouse to experience what a week away from your day-to-day routines looks like.
You’ll have the opportunity to fully unplug and be served in a safe environment (not do the serving!), so that you can truly focus on each other and the Lord. From Monday evening until Friday morning, you’ll slow down and rest, play and laugh together, eat delicious meals and desserts, and have ample time to simply reconnect with one another and grow in intimacy. The experiences throughout the week are designed to nourish your soul and strengthen your relationship with God and your spouse. Our prayer is that you’ll leave refreshed, energized, encouraged, and renewed in order to thrive in your God-given calling.
At an R&R, You’ll Experience:
- Plenty of margin in the schedule to explore our sequestered campus, enjoy a cup of coffee at the Café, and simply be present with your spouse, free of distractions.
- Space and time to enhance your marriage and hear from the Lord individually and collectively.
- The chance to connect and form new friendships with other couples who are on a similar journey in ministry.
- A wide variety of optional experiences and activities to tailor the week to your preferences.
Who Can Attend An R&R?
Senior Pastor R&R
- A senior or lead pastor of a local church congregation for 3+ years
Ministry Leader R&R
- A director or associate pastor in a paid, full-time formal ministry role of a local church congregation (i.e. family pastor, executive pastor, worship pastor, etc.)
- An executive director or CEO of a parachurch ministry/nonprofit organization
- A full-time, international missionary for 3+ years
- Domestic missionaries are taken on a case-by-case basis. Preference is given to international.
NOTE: Administrative and supportive roles within organizations are not a fit for this experience. We encourage couples that fit this description to look into our weekend Marriage Retreats or Romantic Adventures.
Due to demand and wanting to give everyone the opportunity to attend, we limit attendance to R&Rs to once every four years.
$400 per couple (all applicable taxes included)
Includes lodging for four nights, all meals, and programming
Due upon acceptance of application